Terms and conditions
1. Applications for competition participation (all four categories) are to be submitted any time before March 2, 2015 in English or German. Please fill in the application form (also enclosed in the information). Please enclose the following with your application in order to be considered for the preliminary round:
- a current photo in high-resolution jpg-format (minimum of 300 dpi), electronically submitted (email@example.com) or on DVD,
- wire transfer receipt for the registration and processing fee to the account of the International Hans-von-Bülow-Society (Bank: Rhön-Rennsteig-Sparkasse Meiningen, IBAN: DE40 8405 0000 1706 0432 59, SWIFT-BIC: HELADEF1RRS). The registration and processing fee may also be paid instantly via PayPal.
- artistic résumé
- please indicate the competition category you wish to compete in; you may only apply for one category
- short repertory list and report of musical activities (for professional candidates and amateur pianists)
- own (demo)CD or DVD (free choice of repertory)
- exact program selection for preliminary, semi-final and final rounds including composers' names and work titles; program changes are not permitted after registration
2. After all applications and recordings have been evaluated by a professional panel, candidates will be notified about their admission no later than April 12, 2015. If a candidate is denied, the decision cannot be appealed. In this case, the registration fee will be reimbursed.
3. The jury prefers that all repertory be performed from memory. Participants of the Amateur competition are permitted to use sheet music during the competition rounds. In the Conducting from the piano category, participants are free to use the score.
4. The decision of the jury cannot be appealed. The jury sets the competition program by selecting the to-be-performed movements and their order. The jury may shorten pieces and interrupt performances. It may also declare any of the prizes "not awarded". All jury decisions are final.
5. In case of cancellation by the participant before June 1, 2015, the registration fee will be refunded. The processing fee is non-refundable.
6. All competition rounds and awardees concerts will be public.
7. Candidates are responsible for all travel costs, including visa and accommodations. For reservations, please contact the Meiningen Tourist Information .
8. Approved candidates in need of a visa will receive an official invitation from the competition office. We ask that you contact the competition office as soon as you have been approved as a competition candidate.
9. Candidates cannot claim legal rights to recordings or broadcasts that may be made in connection with the competition. All legal rights are reserved by the International Hans von Bülow Society Meiningen.